Webmasters Forum

Go Back   Webmasters - Meet > General > Off-topic Discussions
User Name
Password
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2012, 09:40 AM

Default PC Format predicted 9/11 in DEC 1997 (weird)

I was reading some post at Tech Radar and ran across this.

PC Format predicted 9/11 in DEC 1997

Strange one this but I have to share it, itís like a plot from a Hollywood film like "Knowing" that starred Nicholas Cage, who in fact also starred in the film World Trade Center.

Anyway on Sunday Sept 11, the day of the 10 year anniversary of 9/11. My girlfriend asked me to help clear the attic out a little. So I went up and found a box with lots of old copies of PC Format from back in the day. I found one that I was drawn to because I once knew the model on the front page who used to go to college with a friend of mine in Nottingham. Anyway as I was flicking through all the old articles and having a laugh at some of the gadgets, including a DVD burner for over £100 I turned to the last page and saw something that took my smile away.

I could not believe what I was looking at, and had to double take the front page to check the date once more. It said issue 76 December 1997. I turned to the inside and checked again and it was defo printed in 1997. What did I see you ask? Well the article was called Final Insult with the line Fear of flying? It has an illustration from artist Steve Caplin depicting a jumbo jet crashing into what looks like the world trade center over a New York Skyline.

Maybe this has been pointed out before? I'm not sure but whatever the case, to find something like that on 9/11 came as a great shock. If I can work it out I will scan the picture on here so that everyone can see when I get some time.

I am now going to check my other PC Formats so that I can find tonightís £138m Euro lottery numbers. I'll let you know how I get on with that

Here is the image

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.meliou/Back%20Page.jpg

And I just noticed I joined these forums in September and I have posted 11 times. So thats 9/11

I need to go and lye down a minute

Last edited by pcf_mixx666 : 13-09-2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: noticed something

http://www.techradar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30164

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.meliou/Back%20Page.jpg

Login to your account, or register to remove sponsored ads.